- In a bowl, soak the cheese in cold water for 1 hour. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine the peppers with the oil, vinegar, garlic and rosemary. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high temperature.
- Insert the tip of a bell pepper strip and a piece of cheese on a skewer. Fold the pepper to skewer on the other side of the cheese. Repeat for the other skewers.
- Place the skewers on the grill, pepper side down, and grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot or warm.
I love halloumi cheese for its exotic taste. I love to grill it on the grill, because its firm texture allows you to cut nice slices that do not melt when heated. You will find it in Lebanese or Middle Eastern grocery stores. A tip: desalinate it for a few hours before grilling.