- In a small pot, gently heat the braised pork in its sauce. Shred the meat into smaller pieces with a fork. Let the sauce reduce over medium-low heat until it nicely coats the meat. Remove from the heat..
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the green onions without adding any fat until starting to char. Set aside on a plate.
- Lightly oil two skillets and preheat over medium heat.
- On a work surface, using a pastry brush, cover one side of each tortilla with the oil. Turn the tortillas over and cover half of each one with ½ cup (125 ml) of the pork. Cover the pork with the green onions and remaining ingredients. Fold the tortillas in half around the fillings (see note).
- Brown the quesadillas for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Cut in half, if desired. Serve immediately.
You can use corn tortillas but because they are smaller, we suggest you sandwich the fillings between two tortillas. Alternatively, use these same fillings to make tacos.