- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- On a non-stick baking sheet, toss the lentils with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until slightly crispy. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the onion in the remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and turmeric. Continue to cook over medium heat for 2 minutes while stirring. Add the broth. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by one-third.
- Add the spinach and herbs to the skillet. Mix well. Cook for 2 minutes or until the spinach is just wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the stew in shallow bowls. Top with the rice and crispy lentils. Garnish with yogurt and fresh herbs. Serve with lemon wedges.